Tower Shines for Five Academic National Titles
The University of Texas at Austin Tower will turn orange April 27 to celebrate five national tiles recently won by Longhorns.
Students from the McCombs School of Business and the School of Architecture competed in – and won – national championships at five different academic competitions. The teams being honored with the burnt-orange Tower lighting are:
- The McCombs Stock Pitch team won first place at the National USC Stock Pitch competition;
- The McCombs Supply Chain and Operations Case Competition team won first place in the fourth annual National Undergraduate Supply Chain and Operations Case Competition;
- The Texas MBA team won first place at the 13th Annual National Real Estate Challenge;
- The University Securities Investment Team (USIT) won first place at the inaugural National Investment Competition; and,
- A team of students from both the School of Architecture and the McCombs School of Business won first place in the 2016 HUD Innovation in Affordable Housing Student Design and Planning Competition.
Whether you’re a scholar of the sciences, humanities, or arts, UT Austin offers dozens of top-ranked programs with a proven record of success. As proven by the students on these national-championship-winning teams, academic excellence is an essential part of the Longhorn experience, no matter where you look.
Congratulations (and Hook ’Em) to all of the students who represented the university in these national championship competitions!