Welcome Coach Steve Sarkisian

The UT Tower will shine with burnt orange lights Tuesday, January 12 in honor of Texas Football Head Coach Steve Sarkisian.

Sarkisian arrived in Austin earlier in the day, and the Tower lighting welcomes him to the UT community.

Sarkisian, the 2020 Broyles Award winner (best assistant coach in college football) as offensive coordinator at Alabama, and the former head coach at USC and Washington, was named the 31st Head Football Coach at The University of Texas earlier this month.

“I’m excited, I’m pumped, I’m honored, I’m humbled to be named the head coach at The University of Texas,” Sarkisian said following the announcement. “This morning I was on the phone with my parents, my dad is 84 years old and I mentioned I think I’m getting this Texas head coaching job, and he said, ‘You know, about 20 years ago you told me, “Dad, that’s the job, that’s the best job in America.”‘ It’s amazing to think, here we are, 15 years removed from me standing on the opposite sideline and Vince Young running in the end zone of the Rose Bowl, of being named the head coach at Texas. It’s a tremendous opportunity for me. There’s a lot of talent on this team. I think there’s championship talent on this team…it’s time to roll our sleeves up and go to work.”

Read more about Coach Sarkisian on TexasSports.com.