The UT Tower will shine with burnt orange lights Friday, November 12 in honor of the newest recipients of the Texas Exes Distinguished Alumnus Award.
The Distinguished Alumnus Award recognizes alumni who have made significant achievements in their careers and service to the university. The honorees include:
- Paul Begala BA ’83, College of Liberal Arts, JD ’90, School of Law, Life Member
- Craig Dykers BArch ’85, School of Architecture, Life Member
- Arleas Upton Kea BA ’79, College of Liberal Arts, JD ’82, School of Law, Life Member
- Jeanne Klein BS ’67, College of Education, Life Member
- Gabriela Franco Parcella BBA, MPA ’91 McCombs School of Business, Life Member
For over 135 years, The University of Texas has produced pioneers and leaders across fields and disciplines—scientists, writers, artists, athletes, entrepreneurs, physicians, lawyers, and beyond. The Texas Exes created the Distinguished Alumnus Award in 1958 to honor alumni who have distinguished themselves in their profession, community, and through service to the university. Through a commitment to excellence, our Distinguished Alumnus Award recipients truly exemplify the phrase, “What starts here, changes the world.”