Light the Tower: Faculty & Staff Awards
The UT Tower will shine with burnt orange lights Tuesday, May 3 in honor of the recipients of three important awards bestowed by the university to deserving faculty and staff members.
Presented to a faculty member who has shown exemplary campus citizenship throughout a career of service at the university.
- Charlotte M. Canning, Department of Theatre and Dance
- Brian L. Evans, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Arno Nowotny Medal
Awarded to staff members of the Division of Student Affairs who rendered meritorious service to students during their careers at the university.
- Gage E. Paine
President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Award
Recognizes excellence in undergraduate education in the core curriculum (including the signature courses) and a demonstrated record of engagement with curriculum reform and educational innovation.
- Graduate Teaching Award
- Terrance L. Green, African and African Diaspora Studies
- Sarah K. Sloan, School of Social Work
- Undergraduate Teaching Award
- W. Reneé Acosta, College of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Practice Division
- Javier Auyero, Department of Sociology
- James P. Curley, Department of Psychology
- Tony Gonzalez, College of Natural Sciences, Associate Professor of Practice
- Samantha N. Pinto, African and African Diaspora Studies, John L Warfield Center for African and African American Studies
- Lito Elio Porto, Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Kevin Robbins, School of Journalism and Media
- Suzanne K. Seriff, Department of Anthropology