Light the Tower: Faculty and Staff Awards
The UT Tower will shine with burnt orange lights Wednesday, March 29, 2023, in honor of the recipients of three important awards bestowed by the university to deserving faculty and staff members.
Presented to a faculty member who has shown exemplary campus citizenship throughout a career of service at the university.
- Linda Golden
Arno Nowotny Medal
Awarded to staff members of the Division of Student Affairs who rendered meritorious service to students during their careers at the university.
- Eric Stoutner
President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Award
Recognizes excellence in education in the core curriculum (including the signature courses) and a demonstrated record of engagement with curriculum reform and educational innovation.
- Graduate Teaching Award
- Jessica Toste, Associate Professor, Special Education, College of Education
- Scott Wallace, Associate Professor and Managing Director of the Value Institute for Health and Care Medical Education (DMS) and Accounting (McCombs School of Business), Dell Medical School
- Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Katherine Bruner, Assistant Professor of Instruction, Biology Instruction Office, College of Natural Sciences
- Wenhong Chen, Associate Professor, Radio-Television-Film, Moody College of Communication
- Kasey Claborn, Assistant Professor and Director of the Addiction Research Institute, School of Social Work
- Juan Dominguez, Professor, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts
- Lee Ann Kahlor, Professor, Advertising & Public Relations, Moody College of Communication
- Christina Markert, Professor, Physics, College of Natural Sciences
- Michael Mauk, Professor, Neuroscience, College of Natural Sciences
- Rachel Ozanne, Assistant Professor of Instruction, History, College of Liberal Arts